Leonard Animal Clinic
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Meet the Team
We are a full-service animal hospital providing comprehensive pet healthcare services in Leonard, TX. Get to know our team here.
HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE?Take advantage of our referral program!
It's super easy:
1) Refer a friend
2) You get $10 off your next service
*May not be used with other offers. Restrictions may apply.
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
Puppy and Kitten CareDo you have a new puppy or kitten? Congratulations on this addition to your family! One of the first things you should do when you bring your new pet home is to introduce him or her to us – your veterinary care team. Puppy and kitten visits offer a unique opportunity to get you and...
Parasite Prevention and ControlThere was a time when parasites like fleas, ticks, and roundworms were considered mostly a nuisance. Now, however, we know that parasites can cause serious illness and even death in pets. For example, ticks can transmit infections like Lyme disease, and fleas can transmit tapeworms and Bartonella – the bacteria that causes “cat-scratch fever” in...
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
The staff is very friendly, and they did a great job with Nina, a rescue dog that I had only had for 2 days.
We loved Dr. Yagel. She is caring and loving with our babies. So proud to have her close to home. The staff was friendky and helpful as well.